Women’s Aid Members’ Area Terms and Conditions
This website (“www.womensaid.org.uk”) is owned and operated by the Women’s Aid Federation of England (“We” or “Us”). Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England (No. 1054154), and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.
Access to our site
We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the resources on our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide without notice (see below).
We may restrict access to some parts of our site, or to our entire site, to users who are Women’s Aid members or survivors of domestic abuse.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
If you are provided with a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website. the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Any unauthorised copying, publication or reproduction of the content of this website is strictly prohibited and constitutes an infringement of copyright. To request permission to use any material or element, including logos or editorial. which appear on this site, please contact: [email protected].
Reliance on information posted
The information resources and learning or forums on our site are intended as guides to good practice in the context of current regulatory requirements. It is not legal or financial advice.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law we and third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If you notice any errors in the information given on our site please contact us.
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our below.
Data protection and privacy
Women’s Aid will only collect, process and store information we have openly collected from you or with your consent, in accordance with data protection laws.
However, there are exceptions to this rule where information can be shared without the user’s consent (sometimes referred to as ‘breaching confidentiality’). Information about a user can be shared under the following circumstances:
- where the user is disclosing information about an act of terrorism;
- where a court orders Women’s Aid to disclose information;
- where there is reasonable cause to suspect that an adult’s life may be in immediate danger;
- where there is reasonable cause to suspect that a child or young person may be experiencing or at risk of experiencing significant harm (see below).
Women’s Aid is also able to view and block your IP address if you break these Terms and Conditions.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Share any details regarding court proceedings (whether criminal or civil).
Failure to comply with the above constitutes a material breach of the terms and conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Blocking your IP address
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Deleting and editing of content
You agree that Women’s Aid has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any content you upload to the Women’s Aid site.
You will have five minutes to edit any of your forum posts after you have posted them but you can delete or “Trash” your own posts at any time. You cannot delete topics, so will have to contact the Members’ Area moderator if you wish to have these removed. [email protected]
The Members’ Area forum is for the sole purpose of Women’s Aid Members supporting each other through discussion and sharing best practice. As a charity, we focus our funds on our charitable purpose, and therefore cannot offer staff time in moderating messages that are general chat. This includes discussions about activities taking place on other forums/social networks; we do not hold any responsibility for activities on other networks, do not recommend or endorse other forums, and as such cannot dedicate staff time to them. Any such threads will be removed.
Linking to our site
You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Please send all complaints to the moderator via the email address: [email protected]. Any member posting complaints on the forum instead of following the Complaints Procedure will be deemed to have breached the Terms and Conditions and will risk having their account closed.
By using the Members’ Area you are deemed to have agreed and understood the above and you indemnify Women’s Aid from any resulting damage.
Women’s Aid may change or replace these Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice to you, by posting changes online. Please review these Terms and Conditions regularly. Continued use of the Members’ Area after changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted means you agree to be legally bound by the updated Terms and Conditions.
Last updated: September 2016