The Expect Respect
The Expect Respect Educational Toolkit consists of one easy to use ‘Core’ lesson for each year group from reception to year 13 and is based on themes that have been found to be effective in tackling domestic abuse.
Although the Expect Respect Education Toolkit is targeted for use by teachers within schools, it can just as easily be used by a range of other professionals working with children and young people in a variety of settings such as youth clubs or play schemes. You do not need to download the whole toolkit. You can just download the introductory section and the year that is appropriate to the age group you are working with.
All the links below are PDF files – you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.
The Education Toolkit is available as a download only.
Section 2: Lesson Plans: Primary Years
Section 2 cover page [PDF 310kb]
08. Year Two – Gender, Careers and Assumptions [PDF 291kb]
11. Year Five – Secrets and Stories [PDF 300kb]
12. Year Six – Court Room Game [PDF 366kb]
Section 3: Lesson Plans: Secondary Years
Section 3 – Cover page [PDF 542kb]
Section 4: Supporting Resources
Section 4 Cover [PDF 196kb]
22. Supporting Resources – Sources of help [PDF 222kb]
24. Supporting Resources – Hot seating [PDF 215kb]
25. Supporting Resources – Circle games [PDF 177kb]