Does your organisation struggle to support women who may not have recourse to public funds? If so, this course if for you.
The training will cover:
- The support available to EEA citizens
- The support available to women with leave to remain under UK law
- The different immigration statues women can hold under EU law
- The rights attached to different immigration statuses
- Survivor’s different rights to access welfare
- How to best advocate for survivors who have been wrongly denied services
This training will be led by Radha Ruskin, a Women’s Aid trainer specialising in domestic violence and immigration law.
To reserve a place, please sign up via this form.
Course 1: 24 October and 25 October – EEA citizens and women with leave to remain under UK law
Course 2: 31 October and 1 November – advocating for migrant survivors
The training will run from 9.30am-4.30pm, and will take place at St George’s Centre, 60 Great George Street , Leeds, LS1 3DL.
Although the training is partly subsidised by the WAFE membership team, there will be a fee to cover some costs. The fee is graded based on organisational income to ensure that smaller organisations are able to attend.
Costs: £55 per participant for one course (2 days), £85 for both courses (4 days).
If you have any questions, email [email protected]. If there is training on a particular topic that you’d like Women’s Aid to subsidise, please do also get in touch.