Fundraise at your University
We believe that everyone has the right to live in safety, free from fear and abuse. We are building a world where domestic abuse is no longer tolerated.
Join our movement and help us make it happen.
Stuck for ideas? We’ve got your back.
- Feminist cocktail party – Everyone joining pays a donation and brings along some ingredients to make a cocktail (with a feminist twist). Joan of Ark and Stormy, anyone!
- Feminist movie night – Find a great venue, get everyone to bring their own snacks and charge a £5 donation on the door! Choose a feminist classic like Thelma and Louise or 9-5.
- Jailbreak – Get a group of you to go on an adventure to get as far away from campus as possible within 36 hours – with just two rules: get sponsored and don’t spend a single penny on transport.
Why your support is so important
Domestic abuse is a serious issue in the UK and can happen to anyone, at any age. You don’t have to be living with a partner or experiencing physical violence for it to be abuse.
- 56% of young people experience controlling behaviour in a relationship (Avon and Refuge, 2017)
- On average two women are killed by their partner or ex partner every week in England and Wales (ONS, 2018)
- One in seven children and young people have lived with abuse in their childhood (NSPCC)
- On average the police receive a call relating to domestic abuse every 30 seconds (HMIC, 2015)
Other ways to get involved
There are lots of other great ways you can support our work to end domestic abuse.