Join Women’s Aid as a Full Member
- Does your organisation provide specialist, direct domestic abuse services to women?
- Do you support the aims of Women’s Aid and wish to join us in working together to end domestic abuse?
As a Full Member you will be part of a united federation of domestic abuse services speaking with one voice on the issues that concern us all such as helping make real change in the responses to domestic violence in law and service provision, and the promotion of healthy relationships in local communities.
Together we get results
Your membership supports successful campaigns, such as:
The SOS campaign – resulted in the government releasing a £10 million fund to safeguard services across the country.
Football United Against Domestic Violence – engaging communities and asking them to help us stand up against domestic violence.
The Domestic Violence Law Reform Campaign – which, in partnership with Sara Charlton Foundation and Paladin, resulted in a new offence of coercive control.
You will receive…
- a welcome pack featuring a selection of our leaflets and posters
- the latest updates on our work and how you can get involved
- a free subscription to Safe (our quarterly domestic abuse journal will keep you up to date on current issues and developments in the field) which normally costs between £30 and £45.
- UKRefugesOnline (UKROL): our online database of domestic violence services and refuge vacancies throughout the UK is an essential tool for professionals working in direct domestic abuse services. We offer our Full members free access and inclusion for up to 3 entries and a 50% discount on any further entries (subject to the access and inclusion criteria)
- Access to Members’ Area on our website which is regularly updated with information relevant to direct service providers
- Advice, information & consultancy on provision of specialist services
- Access to Women’s Aid national conference and specialist working groups
- Use of the Women’s Aid Member logo (available in Member’s Area)
What does it cost?
Full Membership fees are calculated on a sliding scale depending on your annual income. Fees include free subscriptions to our quarterly SAFE magazine and UKROL (subject to meeting the access criteria).
We ask members to let us know their income stated on their last set of annual accounts when they apply for membership and again when you renew, so if your income changes so will your fees.
|Band A Annual income up to £100,000||£75|
|Band B Annual income between £100,000 and £400,000||£200|
|Band C Annual income between £400,000 and £800,000||£400|
|Band D Annual income above £800,000||£600|
|Subscription to SAFE |
|Voluntary organisations £30,
Non-voluntary organisations £45
To join us simply download the Application Form for Full Membership below and read through the following documents and complete application form for Full Membership.
When you return the form please also send us the following supporting information:
- Your constitution
- Aims and principles
- Any publicity you have and information about the domestic violence services you provide
- Your latest annual report
If you would like to take up the offer of free access to UKRefugesonline (UKROL) please also download and return this Access and Inclusion Application for UKRefugesonline (UKROL).
Please return the completed and signed application form along with your information to us either by e-mail or post:
Women’s Aid Federation England
PO Box 3245
Please do NOT send any credit card details by e-mail as Women’s Aid cannot guarantee the security of your data if you do.
If you have any queries about membership, please contact the Membership Team: [email protected]