Join us as an Associate Member
Does your organisation support the aims of Women’s Aid and wish to join us in working together to end domestic abuse?
Joining Women’s Aid as an Associate Member is a great way to publicly show that your organisation supports the aims of Women’s Aid and demonstrates your commitment to working together to end domestic abuse
Our Associate Membership is aimed at organisations whose work endorses and advocates for the aims of Women’s Aid, but does not necessarily provide direct services for survivors.
Our Associate Members currently include local authorities, county councils, unions and other charities working in overlapping sectors, for example women’s rights organisations. The membership is best suited towards organisations that need knowledge of the sector in their day to day work, and the benefits of membership are geared towards this.
If you are a company that wants to show your support for Women’s Aid but does not function within the Domestic Abuse sector, you may wish to read about supporting us through a corporate partnership.
Together we get results
As part of the Women’s Aid movement, your support means we can:
- Provide life-saving services and support for women and children
- Train and empower schools, communities, local services and trusted professionals to play their part in preventing domestic abuse and providing the best support to survivors
- Campaign on issues that affect survivors of abuse and use our research to influence policy change
As a valued member you will receive:
- Monthly updates on our work and sector news in our membership bulletin
- A free subscription to Safe (our quarterly domestic abuse journal will keep you up to date on current issues and developments in the field) which normally costs between £30 and £45.
- The UK GoldBook Online: our online database of domestic violence services throughout the UK is an essential tool for professionals in any sector who work with women who need to be referred to domestic abuse services. We offer our Associate Members a free subscription to the Gold Book Online for up to 3 email addresses, this normally costs £270.
- Discounted rates on courses and qualifications from the Women’s Aid National Training Centre
How do I become an Associate Member?
You can register to become an Associate Member using the online form below. Before submitting your application please read the Statement of Support. By submitting the application below you agree to support the aims and principles of Women’s Aid.
If you have any questions please email our team: [email protected]
What does it cost?
Associate Membership Fees are calculated on a sliding scale depending on your annual income. Fees include free subscriptions to our quarterly SAFE magazine and the Gold Book Online.
We ask members to let us know their income stated on their last set of annual accounts when they apply for membership and again when you renew, so if your income changes so will your fees.
- If your income is up to £100,000 your fees* will be £100
- If your income is between £100,000 and £250,000 your fees* will be £200
- If your income is between £250,000 and £400,000 your fees* will be £300
- If your income is above £400,000 your fees* will be £400
*Overseas members please add £15 to the fees stated above to cover additional postage costs.
Register your interest in becoming an Associate Member by completing our online application form:
Please allow up to 10 working days for your application to be processed and your welcome pack sent out.
Thank you for your support