Booking is now open for the Women’s Aid 2017 National Conference! With a dynamic programme of keynote speeches, panel discussions and interactive, expert-led workshop sessions, this is a crucial event for anyone working for and with survivors of domestic abuse.
Not a member? Don’t worry! Wednesday 5th July is our members and women only day but Thursday 6th July is open to all.
Please scroll down for booking details
Wednesday 5 July: From trauma to recovery
Confirmed experts for the members only day of National Conference include:
- A Senior Cabinet Member
- Pragna Patel, Director, Southall Black Sisters
- Val Lunn, Chief Executive, Women’s Aid Integrated Services
- Dr Kate Paradine, Chief Executive, Women in Prison
- Rachel Moran, SPACE International
- Naomi Dickson, Jewish Women’s Aid
- Shaista Gohir, Chair, Muslim Women’s Network UK
- Polly Neate, Chief Executive, Women’s Aid
- Ciara Bergman, Domestic Violence Intervention Project
- Rachel Mullan-Feroze, Service Manager, Ashiana
- Denise Farman, North East Lincolnshire Women’s Aid
- Rights of Women
- My Sisters Place
Thursday 6 July: Challenging culture, changing behaviour
Confirmed experts for the public day of National Conference include:
- Sara Rowbotham, Labour councillor for North Middleton in Rochdale. From 2003–2014 she was the coordinator of Rochdale’s crisis intervention team, a service funded by the NHS to provide specialist sexual health information and support for young people. Sara exposed the Rochdale child sexual exploitation scandal, and the BBC recently adapted the story for the short drama series Three Girls
- Dr Nina Burrowes, psychologist
- Michael Conroy, Development Coordinator, A Call To Men UK
- Holly Bourne, Young Adult fiction author
- Dr Diahanne Rhiney, psychologist, domestic abuse interventionist, and founder of the Strength With In Me Foundation
- Amna Abdullatif, Children and Young People’s Officer, Women’s Aid
- Mark Coulter, Director, Mencentric
- Gemma Aitchison, Founder, YES Matters
- Susannah Fish, former Chief Constable of Nottinghamshire Police
- Richard Welch, Borough Commander (Fire), London Borough of Southwark
- Caroline Millin, EMEA Safety Policy Programs Manager, Facebook
- Rebecca Wilkie, Litigant in Person Support Strategy
How to book your place
If you work within a Women’s Aid full member service and you would like to attend National Conference, please click here.
If you work within a statutory organisation and you would like to attend National Conference on Thursday 6th July, please click here.
If you work within a voluntary organisation and you would like to attend National Conference on Thursday 6th July, please click here.
If you are unsure which category you fall into, please contact the Women’s Aid events team on [email protected].
Date(s) - 05/07/2017 - 06/07/2017
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Oculus Building