Covid-19: Practical support and advice
We’ve created a list of resources and guidance to help support our member services during this challenging time. We’ve included guidance for services, support for survivors and practical tips for working at home.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance for services, staff and volunteers
Download COVID-19 guidance for services, staff and volunteers which covers practical advise, preventative measures, resources and support.Download COVID-19 guidance for services, staff and volunteers
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance for survivors
We know that COVID-19 will have serious impacts on the lives of women and children. We want to reassure survivors and local specialist services that we are here for you and we will be doing everything we can to support you during this challenging time. We recently published safety advice for survivors. It includes information on ‘silent solutions’, financial help, child contact and information for those thinking of leaving a perpetrator.Click here to read our safety advice for survivors
Resources and support for refuge workers and mums
We have collected a range of resources aimed at refuge workers and mums in refuge with children during the COVID-19 pandemic.Download resources and support for refuge works and mums
Regional support groups for members
Have you considered setting up a support group for members in your region? In Yorkshire, a group of services have grouped together and are sharing information and offering support to smaller local services. If you are interested in organising something similar in your region, we can help by sharing contacts for members. Email [email protected] for details.
Guidance for domestic abuse safe accommodation provision
Guidance for providers of safe accommodation with support for victims of domestic abuse and their children has recently been published by the MHCLG. A key thing to note is that if a woman or child gets COVID-19, the refuge can remain open with staff and visiting professionals being able to leave/ enter the ‘unaffected areas of the refuge as required’.
Additional information for key workers, which includes those working in refuge can be found here.
Working from home tech support
- CAST has produced a practical guide for hosting and holding good online meetings. It contains reviews and ‘how to’ guides for online meeting tools for Zoom, Miro and Slack.
- Catalyst has provided a portal for tech support specifically for charities during the COVID-19 crisis. Topics include remote working, video conferencing and online support and training.
- Digital Candle is providing free one hour sessions to provide support and advice to charities, including digital inclusion and remote working.
- Slack is a free application which is designed to replace email for internal communications. It uses chat, audio and video calling and file sharing.
- Zoom is a video conferencing app, but with more functionality than Skype.
- Google and Microsoft have their own integrated tools as part of Google Drive and Office365. Women’s Aid uses Teams and SharePoint through our Microsoft Outlook email accounts, as this offers us greater security.
If you need support or guidance, please contact our membership team on [email protected]
Join our CEO group
Want to find out how other CEO’s and managers of vital domestic abuse services are coping with COVID 19? Join our CEO Group on Google by emailing [email protected]
Free webinars: Brief introduction to the legal impact of COVID-19 on charities
Law firm, Womble Bond Dickinson have free webinars where members can hear lawyers answer questions on the legal implications of COVID 19. You can watch here and submit questions and requests for support.
Global Network of Women Shelters offering webinars to share COVID-19 experiences from every continent
Find out how feminists across the world are supporting survivors during the COVID-19 pandemic with these FREE webinars run by The Global Network of Women’s Shelters (GNWS). They are rotating times to reach women across the world. All webinars are being recorded and posted online.
GNWS board members, and continental/regional networks are hosting free weekly webinars for shelter organisations and other gender-based violence NGOs from around the world to share strategies and challenges in helping survivors of violence during the COVID-19 pandemic.