Covid-19: Emergency funding, commissioning support and donations
Request your local authority to support vital services at this time
We are aware that one local authority is planning to put a domestic abuse service out to competitive tender in the next couple of weeks. In response, we have drafted a letter for you to use to formally request that they continue to support the delivery of your vital services.Click here to download
If you need support or guidance, please contact our membership team on [email protected]
Free travel for survivors to reach refuge: Rail to refuge rolled out across all of England, Scotland and Wales
Train companies will now cover the cost of train tickets for anyone travelling to refuge accommodation while coronavirus lockdown measures are in force, in a joint initiative with Women’s Aid.
The temporary industry-wide scheme is a donation from the rail Delivery Group and follows the successful launch of similar initiatives by Southeastern and GWR prior to the coronavirus outbreak.
How does it work?
- Our members receive a document with the booking instructions designed by the TOC
- When a woman is referred to a member service’s refuge, or a member offers her a place (through a referral from a public body using Routes to Support) the member sends an email to a specific Rail to Refuge email address at the TOC.
- The women’s name is not recorded, but the number of children traveling over 5 is asked.
- The TOC can cross reference the domain name of this email with a list of our members located within your region, to feel assured that this is a genuine request.
- The member is emailed back with a collection code or QR code, which is passed on to the survivor, so she can collect the ticket at the station.
Access reduced cost cleaning supplies and PPE
Register for free to access reduced cost goods. In Kind Direct work with companies that donate a wide range of goods. They provide new and unused goods to UK charitable organisations. For the women and families you support they can distribute mother and baby products, personal hygiene, toiletries and other resources. For your facilities, bedding, catering, cleaning and office supplies are frequently available. Click here to find out more.