Remember that anyone can read your posts, so please check that you do not include any indentifying information such as your name, children’s names, the place where you may work or your location.
Do not put your contact details (for example your email address) in a post. If you would like to share your email address with another user please contact the Moderator.
The Survivors Forum is a place for:
- sharing experiences
- encouraging and supporting each other
- offering advice and suggestions
- posting relevant information or links
To achieve this, we ask that users:
- are respectful. Please do not post materials or topics which are insulting, offensive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, lewd or physically threatening. We ask that everyone who posts makes the effort to respect all other views and does not attempt to force any personal views onto others. We expect those who post to accept others’ comments in the way that they are meant, as in support and information sharing.
- treat other users as you would like to be treated
- respect other users’ right to privacy by not posting messages that may reveal their identity or contact details.
- do not provoke other users by posting messages that are inflammatory or solely serve to incite other members.
- do not invalidate other users’ experiences. Every user in a survivor and their experience is real and valid.
To make the Forum easy to read and use, we ask that users:
- write clearly when you compose a message. Review your message carefully before clicking the 'Send' button. Remember, if your message can be misunderstood, it will be.
- refrain from using ALL CAPS. Typing in all capital letters is frowned upon; it’s the equivalent of shouting. It also makes your message more difficult to read.
- don’t post off-topic messages. The forum is for the sole purpose of survivors supporting each other through discussion. As a charity, we need to focus our funds in the best way possible, and therefore cannot offer staff time in moderating messages that are general chat. This includes discussions about activities taking place on other forums/social networks; we do not hold any responsibility for activities on other networks, do not recommend or endorse other forums, and as such cannot dedicate staff time to them. Any such threads will be removed.
- remember that spamming and advertising is strictly prohibited. Any and all advertising, chain letters, pyramid schemes, solicitation, spamming and trolling is inappropriate and unacceptable on any of our forum areas. To advertise a job vacancy, please click here.