What we believe
We believe that everyone has a right to live in safety and to have a future without fear.
We recognise that:
Women and children have a right to live their lives free from all forms of violence and abuse, and society has a duty to recognise and defend this right.
Domestic violence is a violation of women and children’s human rights. It’s the result of an abuse of power and control, and is rooted in the historical status of women in the family and in society
Our aims are to:
- Empower women who have been affected by domestic violence
- Meet the needs of children affected by domestic violence
- Provide services run by women which are based on listening to survivors
- Challenge the disadvantages which result from domestic violence
- Support and reflect diversity and promote equality of opportunity
- Promote cohesive inter-agency responses to domestic violence and develop partnerships