Welcome to the Survivors Forum! This forum is for women who have been affected by domestic abuse to share their experiences and to offer support to one another.
Please note that the forum is not for seeking advice on behalf of a third party.
This is a live public forum - your message will appear as soon as you hit the 'send reply' button. So please:
- remember that anyone can read your posts, and check you don't include any identifying information (for example, your name, your children's names, the place where you live or work) in your post
- don't put up a comment which could damage the reputation of a named organisation or individual - this is called libel and is against the law. If you would like to make a complaint about a specific organisation or individual, please do so by confidentially contacting the moderator
- don't put your contact details (for example your email address) in a post. If you would like to share email addresses with another users please contact the moderator.
A few things before you start...
- The forum is for women over 18 only. If you are under 18, please visit the Hideout messageboard. If you are a man who is experiencing domestic abuse, please contact the Men’s Advice Line.
- A moderator is online every day to respond to posts, provide individual advice, and deal with any technical problems relating to the Forum. We aim to respond to any requests within 12 hours.
- The forum is not a helpline service. If you need immediate help and support, please call the Freephone 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 (run in partnership between Women's Aid & Refuge).
- The forum is for survivors only - it should not be used to seek advice for a third party.