This calendar is for events and conferences that are of interest to the violence against women and children sector. We will no longer be advertising training courses, but please head to the Women's Aid National Training Centre instead.
Cyber Stalking & Harassment Conference
Tue, 3rd Sep 2013
10.00 - 16.00
Holiday Inn Bloomsbury
Contact: Katie Ross
This conference comes at a time when cyber stalking & harassment has been highlighted in the media as a major problem for women. Join us to discuss the impact of cyber stalking and harassment, to hear personal stories and to understand the wider links to Violence Against Women and Girls.
Sessions will look to address topics including: Are we getting it right for survivors? The implications for service providers and the effectiveness of current legislation and policing.
- Caroline Criado-Perez, The Women’s Room
- Nimko Ali, Daughters of Eve
- Jennifer Perry, e-victim advocate and cyberstalking expert
- Alison Boydell and Louise Pennington, End Online Misogyny
- Rachel Griffin, Suzy Lamplugh Trust
- Laura Richards, Paladin National Stalking Advocacy Service Cost
- Jemma Price, the CRUSH project
- Ikamara Larasi and Lia Latchford, Imkaan
- Sharon Stratton, Public Protection Training Coordinator
This event is free to full members of Women’s Aid (limited to 3 representatives per organisation) and £50 only to all others. Lunch will be provided.
We'll be updating you throughout the day at #WAstalking.
Tue, 3rd Sep 2013, 10.00 - 16.00
Hosted by: Women's Aid
Venue: Holiday Inn Bloomsbury
Contact: Katie Ross 0117 9837121